Thursday 9 January 2014

A Hobby

I'm not one of those camera owners who instantly think that once an expensive Canon has landed snugly into their laps they instantly upgrade to a professional photographer level. Not at all.

The first sentence of this blog had to begin like that because I think there are a certain percentage of trained and certified photographers who find offense when someone like myself begins a blog purely for the moments they have captured on camera. Then there is the other percentage who take it upon themselves to comment (not to subtly) that when someone owns a camera they 'automatically think they are thee best photographer in the world'. 
Not true. 

I was lucky enough to receive a Canon as a gift (thank you Richard Kuiper) and because I value the time on this planet, with the people and moments that have been placed within my life (not to mention an extremely bad memory), I capture the moments, the memories, the days that have significance within my life and I decided to place them on a social network because it gives me somewhere to save this memory based history.

I am open to criticism and to each their opinions are owned and are respected (otherwise freedom of speech would not exist) but I do ask that no haters be hating. 

Welcome to my world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment